Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm Sorry...

Alright people,

Once again, I have to apologize for my recent inactivity. Classic case of thinking I'll have time to do things, and not....or, more realistically, just being too lazy to blog while in the process of moving. I can at least tell you that moving was accomplished, and I am now set up and living in my first post-college apartment. Now, let's talk beer.

Let's see, last time I talked about Apocalypse Cow, which means that since then, I've tried and reviewed 5 new beers. To keep up the theme of me letting you readers down, I took pictures of.....wow! three of them. Two more than I though I did. First, Sam Adams' Blackberry Witbier (review). What I remember of my impressions of this beer; very faint blackberry flavor, but a solid wheat beer. Scent was way better than the taste as far as blackberries go.



Then I had Brooklyn's Monster Ale (review). This beer is a barleywine, but a fairly common one...at least it was. The interesting part of this beer comes in its background story, which was also the main reason I bought it. Turns out that Monster was the brewery cat at Brooklyn Brewery, and this beer was named after him. Recently, Monster died, and Brooklyn decided to retire the beer in his honor. As far as the beer goes, this is a great option for a cheap, everyday barleywine. Nothing that will blow you away as far as a beer, but consistent with the style, scent, and feel. Here's both Monsters (first courtesy of Brooklyn Brewery).




The 3rd and 4th beers that I reviewed in my absence were Odell's St. Lupulin Pale Ale (review) and Three Floyds' Zombie Dust (review). The Lupulin was a solid seasonal pale from a brewery I'd like to try more beers from. The ZD is a cult classic and highly revered beer. I've had it on tap before at school, but never got a chance to review it. What can I say, this Zombie pretty much lives up to the hype.


Last, I was able to snag a 4-pack of Founders new summer seasonal that is replacing Cerise; Rubaeus (review). This beer has been hyped up a little, and Founders describes it as a less imperial Blushing Monk. At first sniff, this beer is delicious and juicy smelling. At first taste, this beer is slightly tart before turning very sweet. Just a slight bit of malt flavor is at the very end of the drink. This is a classic summer beer, and I almost think that it needs to be close to 100 degrees to enjoy completely. Anyway, it's a good change of pace from the usual wheat summer seasonals.


That's it as far as new beers are concerned. Last week I was able to make a visit and take a tour of 4 Hands Brewing Company, just south of downtown St. Louis. I'll try to give you guys a little write up of that experience. Until next time, go out and try some news beers people! Cheers!
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment