Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Random New Beer

Alright people,

Well, I don't have much to do tonight, so why not taste and review a beer? I grabbed the Ballast Point Victory at Sea out of the fridge and away we go.

I've been looking forward to this beer for about a year, when I learned of its existence. An imperial coffee vanilla porter sounded right up my alley. I like coffee, I love sweet vanilla, and I love dark beers. Right off the bat, you knew this was huge on the coffee. It smelled like a strong cup of black coffee, except cold. It even looked like coffee in the glass...


Then, I tasted it. If you love coffee, get this beer. Huge, bitter coffee flavors flood the palate and attempt to demolish it. Slight hints of sweet vanilla are simply overpowered by the coffee and its strong, bitter flavor. The coffee is so strong, it almost becomes 1-dimensional. The beer ends with the same bitter bang that lingers on the tongue. This is for sure a sipper, with strong bitter flavor and 10% alcohol. Here's my whole review.

In other news, I learned a new skill over the weekend; sabering. Some of you may know that this is an especially exciting way to open a bottle of champagne, but did you know that you can also open a beer like this? I know...awesome. Below you will find a link to the video. I posted it on my Twitter feed, and I apologize for the quality of the shoot.

Sabering a Beer.

Until next time, cheers!

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment