Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Time...almost!

Alright people,

Well, it's getting near that time of year again....it's almost Christmas time. I know, I know; it's not quite Thanksgiving yet, but let's get real, Thanksgiving is just the warm up act. Christmas is freaking Led Zeppelin.

That being said, I'm having one of the many Christmas themed beers tonight; 3 Floyds Alpha Klaus Christmas Porter. It's one of the many beers I've had on my personal hit list most of the year, and now it's finally the right season. The list of seasonal beers that I've missed this past year of being legal is too long, so let's check this one off.


This is a really interesting beer to me. It's a porter. I like porters. Dark beers like porters and stouts are my thing. This beer is a porter with a rather large hop profile. Interesting.

Starts with hops up front on both the scent and taste. Right under that, the more traditional porter flavors (the dark malts, chocolate, coffee) are right there. It combines the best of both the IPA and porter worlds. The Klaus is easy to drink because of the lower alcohol content and the balance of malts and hops that don't ruin your palate. Check out my full review.

In other news, among the crazy busy schedule I've had lately, I got a job offer. I got it last Thursday, and I'm pretty excited. In the interest of internet ambiguity, I won't say what organization it is with, but it is in the beer industry! Frankly, I think it's the only industry I'd want to work in, but we'll see as the onslaught of homework, exams, and interviews continue.

Until next time, cheers!
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment