Monday, November 26, 2012

Bolt Cutter!

Alright people,

As many of you beer nuts know, the most coveted releases seem to happen at the worst time. Well, so was the case for the Founders Bolt Cutter release and your's truly.

I was able to take the entire week of Thanksgiving off, having had many of my classes on Monday and Tuesday cancelled, so I went home this past weekend. I also do not have tickets to Purdue football games (bye bye Danny!), so I wasn't coming back until Sunday (yesterday). It just so happened, the bottle shop tweeted out that it was getting Bolt Cutter in on Friday...FML.

Founders being my favorite brewery, and their Backstage Series being a huge success so far (with the exception of Frangelic Mountain Brown); I wanted BC in the worst way. I tried to have a friend pick one up for me, but of course the beer guy at the store had to "take care of his regulars" first. You'd think living within 2 blocks of his store for 2 years would make me and my friend regulars....right? Nope.

Anyway, I had to wait until today to attempt to locate some. I went to the other good bottle shop here in the area, and WHAMMO! I was able to snag the last bottle!



Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I'm not sure when you 26 readers will get to read about this brew, but rest assured you guys will be the first to know about this brew.

On another note, I have a fairly busy week, but I'll get a post up sometime this weekend if not before. The impending finals and assignments to end the semester are really cramping my style lately. Thanks to all you guys reading or spreading the word about the blog, page hits have really taken off in the past couple of weeks. Until next time, cheers and happy holiday drinking!

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment